Monday, January 14, 2008

Reflections

It feels great to have finished all 23 Things, and my mind is literally filled to overflowing with new learning. Maybe it's a headache, but I really think I've learned so many new things about technology that I'm on overload for the moment! My fear is that I will forget steps to using this new knowledge. Therefore, I want to go back and use what I've learned as soon as possible. Some of the "Things" I want to become more familiar with, because they have so much potential for use in the library, are:
1. Flikr
2. Image generator
3. Library thing
4. Wikis
5. Online productivity
6. YouTube
7. Podcasts
8. Animoto

How did this program affect my lifelong learning goals? I always like a challenge and want to learn something new. This is definitely new and challenging! The only surprising thing: the 23 things were easier than I thought. I would like to do another discovery program sometime. This project gave me more confidence in myself as a "technologist" which will carry over to my job as a librarian.

I also want to keep up with my "Circle of the Wise" and continue to read blogs by some great librarians and teachers. I really feel just like the "Super Librarian" below!

4 comments:

Sandy E. said...

Congratulations. I agree that I now have to use them not to forget them. How did you get your books on the side bar? I never got that accomplished with mine.

Debbie said...

You are a SUPER librarian. Congrats on making to the finish line. Doesn't it feel good to be "in the know"?

lyle.metzler said...

Congratulations on feeling better about being a "technologist." Do you think that as we use more technology and the technology becomes more user friendly, that we are not as easily intimidated and are more excited with our results?

Great job, Super Librarian! Just hang around the computers or 398.2 until you technology help is needed again! :>)

library gal said...

I like your video choice. You commented on one of my blog entries. I am only a school librarian, not public too. I said public school library and it was probably oddly worded. I'm not a great writer. I'm Kelly Coldwell, you were probably thinking of someone else.