Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thing #20 You too can YouTube

I have found some good ideas for videos to use on our library webpage. Looking through YouTube, the one I liked the best and added to this blog was "How to Check Out a Book", showing a high school boy going through all the steps of walking into a library and getting a book of his choice. I also liked the music that was added to the clip. Our library could do the same thing, making our own video using similar ideas and posting it. I also found a cute video clip of a young boy talking about his favorite books. Elementary libraries could do something similar with students telling about Bluebonnet or Mockingbird books.

I explored YouTube several times in the past, but I had never gone through enough clips to make a playlist. It was easy to do, plus next time I get in, I have all my favorites saved.

2 comments:

mmw said...

I love the idea of making a video of the checkout process for your library. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

learninglou said...

All of your ideas on how YouTube could be used in the library were excellent. I liked the one on checking out the book, and did go and look at it.