Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thing #22 Animoto

I created an account with animoto.com and worked on a 30-second clip. When I added music and previewed my animoto, it was VERY short, less than 30 seconds. I reread the directions and realized the music I chose was very fast, making the clip move faster than some with slower songs. I really liked my first animoto, but I needed to add more pictures in order to have the clip last a little longer. I also think the type of picture is important: more closeups and less distance pictures. It was very hard to find pictures with no people when you are trying to create something I could use in the library. So I picked group pictures for the most part hoping the speed of the animoto video would blur the images somewhat.

This activity has been so much easier than some of the others, and the results have been awesome. Animoto is very professional looking; the presentation results are slick and edgy. I read a little about the people who created this site on their homepage. They really know what they are doing.

4 comments:

mmw said...

Your comment about the professional look of Animoto videos brought this story to mind: When I created my first one, I e-mailed the link for it to my husband who has worked in television production for 20 years. His comment was, "great - you just created something in 5 minutes that would have taken me a week of storyboarding and editing!"

Sandy E. said...

I didn't realize that the speed of the music affected the speed of the video. I'll keep that in mind and since I can't get yours to play at school today, I'll look at it when I get home.

happylibrarian said...

I'm sure when I can access your video, I will love it! My recurring theme is becoming "sure wish we could use this at school!"
I will watch yours from home.

library gal said...

I love the pics in your video. Are they posed candids? I can tell some of them are and they look so good. I liked the way the pictures in your video move and come together. Is it the choice of music that determines how the pictures mix? After watching many of them that is what I am thinking.